Featured post

POETRY RUNS THE UNIVERSE

Wednesday 2 March 2016

LIKE ZEPHYR BREEZE

poetrysoup@poetrysoup.com





PoetrySoup Logo

Poem of the Day for Sunday 28 February, 2016
------------------------------
-

Like Zephyr Breeze

Before I ever saw those eyes      How deeply I loved you.

Before you read my first thought       I found you .

Before you ever dreamt of my lips    I kissed your smile

I meant nothing to you      and you were already my world.

I lived through every breath you inhaled 

till that same breath became a ghost from the past.

Tonight  I exist to live for what was ...

Tomorrow  I live to exist for what will be .

I stopped calling your name 

I  stopped searching your footprints 

I stopped seeking those arms

Stopped believing in stars .

Yet sometimes      in my soul's dusk of night 

through your cold absence        I feel you within me 

Ever so soft      just like the wind 

Like zephyr  breeze which left my cheek      yet never gone.


This poem can be found on PoetrySoup.com at http://www.poetrysoup.com/poem_of_the_day.aspx. Also UNSUBSCRIBE to POTD at http://www.poetrysoup.com/poem_of_the_day.aspx

No comments: